Saturday, August 30, 2014

INTERVIEW: @NaBabcockWeDey Meets Tolani (@Mistr_440)
12:00:00 PM

INTERVIEW: @NaBabcockWeDey Meets Tolani (@Mistr_440)

Tolani Fatilewa a.k.a Mistr 440 is strictly a rapper. The babcock university student was interviewed by the anonymous @NaBabcockWeDey (We go catch am one day). In this interview he discussed his personality, how he mixes school and music and many more. Read Below




Q Can we get to know you more?

A well basically, my name is Tolani Fatilewa, a 400 level student of Economics at Babcock University and I'm a rap artiste.

Q How did you get interested in Music especially rap as a genre?

A errr mahn I can remember back when I was like 7 my brother used to bump the classic 50 Cent Get Rich Or Die Tryin' album and the Fabulous Street Dreams mixtape a lot. so at a young age, I just started to memorize them lyrics and yaknoow that's how I got interested really.

Q So when did you start to write lyrics?

A Lool fam it all started when I wrote this dead love song back in JS3! Haha and I remember rhyming "beau-ti-ful" with "into you" and feeling like damnn we've made it! Lmao..

Q Lol but on a professional note, when did you get into music? 1st Single?

A Well that was in 2012, with the song 440.

Q 440? seriously? what does that even mean?

A That's a funny story. The team was done recording the song and the producer was like "what are we gonna name this song?" and right there, someone just looked at the time and just like that...4:40 lol. that's how it was birthed!

Q Lol that sounds rather funny but we've been hearing about a project titled E.O.T which you are supposed to release soon. can you exclusively reveal on here more about that?

A yeah sure. I worked on a tape Evolution Of Thought, which is just basically about the place I'm in right now and my thought process. We're actually done with it, but we're still talking with the team and tryna get a perfect release date. Songs will be dropping off it soon and the tape will drop in coming weeks.



Q that sounds good. so who are your favourite rappers?

A Tolani, Tolani, Tolani! Lmaoo naah err I think Eminem, Jay-Z, J Cole, Nas, Kendrick Lamar, M.I., VeC...the list is endless man.

Q you grew up listening to rap and with such an intimidating repertoire in that genre, what do you think about the Nigerian Rap industry?

A the rap game in Nigeria is gonna take a while of course before we could compare it globally, but I think with time, the scope of the audience can be widened and a rapper would not have to get an Afro Pop record before (s)he can make a big break. but basically, with rappers like M.I., Ice Prince, Boogey, VeC and Tolani...Lol we are on the right curve.

Q You talked about being a student of Babcock University earlier. how have you been able to strike a balance between education and music?

A ah that's been difficult to be honest but I've just learnt to set my priorities right. like there was this time homie I had a show in Lagos to attend on a Thursday night but this lecturer set a test on Friday morning and I was just stuck, but you know it is what it is and right now Education comes first. yaknoow?

Q yeah right. can you tell us what Tolani does when he isn't recording, performing or in school?

A we love them Ladieess...haha! I just love to hang out and have a good time yo nuffin special...but errr Food! Lol. definitely eating Fooood! :D

Q Lool you seem all laid back but we have heard a lot of news about you having a proud personality...

A Proud? I hear that too but I think I'm just a lil misunderstood.

Q Hmmm, proud answer maybe?

A Haha! I just think people just need to get to know me better. Like I said, 'MISUNDERSTOOD.'

Q ok. so finally, who do you think runs the NaBabcockWeDey account or who do you think is interviewing you at the moment?

A Lmaoo man! I've been tryna figure this out! I don't know yet..but you are one sneaky bloke! Lol!

Q Lol will take that as a compliment. was really nice conducting this interview for you Mr. Tolani.

A Bless G!



#IHadTo Off The E.O.T drops tonight 30/08/14 at 8pm


Also gauge TALK by TOLANI on youtube

7 comments:

  1. Guy, this is blooding.. ya a wack artiste.. fuck you and your guys that are deceiving you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop song for boys make we hear, not interview..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video, deep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha who is this Nababcockwedey guy! Lol funny interview, nice pics btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. tolani runs the account nah I know tipsy started it...I don't know why you decided to interview yourself... well its non of my business **sips tea**

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one just came here to drop a comment he's not sure about.... I know who runs that account, but it's none of my business tho. **sips tea**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such hate in that first comment. *sigh
    Tolani I am definitely rooting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Opinion?